You can read the Norfolk & Waveney CCGs' Privacy Notice in full pdf here (532 KB) .
The Privacy Notice tells you about information we collect and hold about you, what we do with it, how we will look after it and who we might share it with. It covers information we collect directly from you or receive from other individuals or organisations.
We revise our Privacy Notice on an annual basis to ensure that it continually provides transparent information about the use of your data. This notice was reviewed on 5th November 2019.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018, the common law duty of confidentiality and the Human Rights Act 1998.
Why we collect information about you
If you are receiving services from the NHS, we will need to use your information (paper or electronic) to provide treatment, to check the quality of your care, to help you make good decisions about your health and to investigate complaints and claims. We also use your information to:
- Check the quality of care we provide to everyone (a clinical audit)
- Protect the health of the general public
- Monitor how we spend public money
- Train healthcare workers
- Carry out research
- Help the NHS plan for the future
From time to time the CCGs use patient data to analyse the health of a population. This is required for the commissioning of health services, or to help target preventive care at certain groups of patients.
Security of your information
If we use your information for the above reasons, we will remove your name and other details which could identify you. However, if we need to use the information in a way that identifies you, we will ensure that we have a fair and lawful basis for doing so.
The CCGs, working with our data processor, Arden GEM Commissioning Services Unit (AGEM CSU), ensure that information is held in secure locations with restricted access for authorised personnel. We protect any personal information that is held on our systems with encryption so that it cannot be accessed by those who do not have access rights.
- Your information will not be sent by the CCGs outside the United Kingdom to a country that does not have appropriate legislation to protect your privacy.
- We will never sell any information about you.
- We will never share your information with a third party organisation for marketing purposes without your prior written consent.
- We will always observe your right to opt out of the use of your data for commissioning purposes.