Our New Model of Care for Norwich is our framework for the future.
It brings together much of our transformation work already within our YourNorwich and Healthy Norwich programmes, plus new innovations to improve care for patients.
We held a public consultation about our New Model. Read more here.
There was a video made in British Sign Language to help people with hearing loss take part. BSL New Model of Care Consultation workshop video.
Key elements of the New Model of Care include:
- HomeWard - our 'virtual ward' that helps people stay at home rather than need to go to hospita;
- Norwich Escalation and Avoidance Team - a multi-disciplinary team that puts together packages of care within hours for people who have a health crisis
- Helping people quit smoking, avoid diabetes and prevent illness through healthier lifestyles - our Healthy Norwich programme
- Care Homes - training schemes, and aligned GP care
- Strengthening general practice - many schemes, led by the alliance of GP practices, OneNorwich
- Mental Health - Norwich CCG has one of the largest spends on mental health in the area (18% of our budget)
The latest updates on the YourNorwich / New Model of Care are reported to our Governing Body.